While I do like to make some pretty fancy stuff, I also very much enjoy "One Pot Meals" and things that you can whip together with whatever you have on hand. The easy dutch oven recipe is delicious not only because it's so flexible and so adaptable, but also because there are lots of delicious flavors in simplicity, too.
Anyway, I've been noticing a lot lately that people are often looking for less elaborate recipes to cook in their dutch ovens. The ones I've selected below are some of my favorites from the Black Pot. They're all delicious, and are easy dutch oven recipes to assemble and cook.
Easy Dutch Oven Recipes
- Chicken wrapped in Bacon Sooo, sooo goooood!
- Potatoes and Chicken Easy and flexible!
- Apple and Orange Chicken A unique oriental flavor
- Chili, with ideas for variations You can't go wrong with Chili, make it how you like it!
- A Great Beef Stew A standard comfort food.
- Steamed Rice and Crabs Legs Easy can be fancy, too!
- Mountain Man Breakfast A story of a cry for help that turns out well.
- BBQ Ribs - They take a while, but they're worth the wait!
- Cabbage and Sausage!
- Carne Asada with a roasted veggie salsa!
- You can't get your Dutch oven card until you've done a Dump Cake Cobbler!
- Greek Meatballs!
- Irish Soda Bread. If you follow these instructions, it will be easy!
- Simple corn on the cob.
- Meatballs and Potatoes: Easy and impressive at the same time.
- Black Pot Goulash. Something different!
Good Basic Dutch Oven Resource Links
Do you have any easy dutch oven recipes you'd like to add to this list? Just post me a comment!